"I started my fashion brand with Rs. 2.5 crore, made a turnover of Rs. 1.8 crore, now I will close at Rs. 5 crores."

Wings for her cherished dream of becoming an entrepreneur in 2020 after working in various fashion houses for around seven years. Invest Rs 2.  With 5 lakh of her personal savings and her experience designing for some of the best brands in the country and her innate creativity, she dived into the project and started her own brand “Aaruvi Ruchi Verma” from scratch.


Fashion designer Ruchi Verma, 34, a NIFT urban center graduate, hailing from the little city of Darbhanga in Bihar, gave wings to her long cherished dream of changing into AN bourgeois in 2020 when operating in varied fashion homes for around seven years. Investment Rs 2.5 large integer from her personal savings, and drawing on her expertise as a designer for a few of the highest completes within the country and her innate creativity, she dived into the project. She created her own brand ‘Aaruvi Ruchi Verma’ from scratch.

The brand makes a specialty of maternity wear dresses for women, tho' it has recently launched casual wear as well. Ruchi Verma shares her story, starting with the circumstances that created her to take the entrepreneurial plunge, beginning with the web analysis she made, the items she learned, and her business model which will inspire different young aspiring entrepreneurs as well. "I studied style at NIFT Mumbai and shortly started operating in giant company homes with brands like Tata west and Spencer'.

However, the company culture created barriers and prevented the American state from experimenting at my workplace. Therefore I started dreaming of making my very own brand. But the shortage of business background still created the American state feel inadequate for the task of beginning one thing on my very own. Augment that, starting my own business in America state and going away from a high-paying, snug job.

However, I continued my analysis and began learning additional concerning the way to find out a little business on YouTube - as well as steps to register a company, tax guidance, how to launch your product online so on. This gave me confidence that it's not as troublesome because it appears from the surface and with the assistance of some self-learning, beginning a business may so be possible.

Kicking off was tough, I had no fancy office, no staff, and nobody to administer American state targets and goals. However, it came to me naturally as a result of I used to be following my own passion and living my dream. I set a goal for myself to launch my first assortment of maternity wear dresses and tunics and list them on Amazon and Flipkart within the next three months.

I presently started seeing additional sales and sensible reviews that additionally helped sales. I needed to invest and expand additional - raise money, open a workplace, and rent employees, however, the pandemic and lockdowns forced the American state to suppose differently. Presently I started increasing my vary from ten designs to fifty styles.

I continued engrossment in rolling out new styles monthly and partnered with external firms for everything else - manufacturing, sales, marketing, logistics, picture shoot, GST management etcetera I learned that running a profitable business is difficult, however, there already may be a large system of companies that are willing to partner and grow creators and entrepreneurs like me.

Employing a fully ecosystem-driven model, I was able to work on my passion while growing my business manifold to get on track to 5Cr ARR this year and a healthy profit margin. Nowadays "Aaruvi Ruchi Verma" may be prime maternity wear complete on marketplaces with sales growing 30% month-on-month. I have been able to fund my entire growth, victimization profits created from my sales, and still roll out new products each month.

Today, my very is life to tell the tale of Myntra, Ajio, Nykaa fashion, First cry etcetera I recently opened my website and unrolled my 1st assortment of casual wear (non-maternity) dresses last month.


written by:




Comments