Founder of Curated by Elysian – Devika Kaushal ‘s Success Journey

 


As a younger self, I always thought I could maximize my creative and professional capabilities in an environment conducive to growth and experience. While working with various agencies and brands in the marketing/planning department first as an intern and then in fuller capacity, I always aimed at extracting the highest degree of learning experience from the people around me so that I could use the same when I would start my own business and build my path of entrepreneurship.

As a 20yearold, I was always intrigued by the thought and effort put in making a gift unique for the special people in our lives – the gift we went that extra mile for, the gift that resonated with the person who it was made for! Drawing from that love and passion for personalized gifting, I started this journey that I now call Curated by Elysian. Initially started as a small homegrown startup while still in college, I was finally able to give an official face, name and structure to my passion in the form of our special gift boxes! In these years after completing my education, I worked in different segments as a Marketing Consultant, learning from my experiences and those around me, each step focussed on ultimately shaping my passion into this company.

Read More: If You want to be an Entrepreneur, First join ‘ Entrepreneur First ‘: Esha Tiwary What strikes in your mind to start this business? I have believed that each person has their unique sets of skills which make them different from each other, and recognizing the same and then extending the same to others around you makes it even more useful and helps the individual learn and grow further. Similarly, I wanted to extend my passion and sense of creativity to those around me, unknown and known people who would deem them useful, and also give me many more avenues to learn from.

Specific department of your company? Elysian is a Greek word meaning beautiful or creative; divinely inspired; peaceful and perfect, and here at Curated by Elysian, we take it upon ourselves to personally prepare the boxes with the carefully selected sensual items that personify your individual tastes with our personal touch of "gravitas". Our vision is to create the perfect collection based on occasions, events and most importantly, people. Our collections feature a myriad of handcrafted, personalized and one-of-a-kind items that can be specially customized to suit each customer's preferences.

Living up to our motto and promise to make every gifting experience more personal and therefore unique, we aim to choose each item with immense thought. This vision is what facilitates our service to help the surrounding customers. In their many gift needs - personal, professional, specific to any occasion / event - we create new and unique ideas that make their gift suitable and special for the people around them. Your state of mind before starting the business? A mixture of nervousness, curiosity and confidence, each of which motivated me to work harder.

What are your accomplishments in your field or business? Personally, my greatest success has been receiving orders and inquiries from people totally unknown to me from cities outside my place of work (Delhi) such as Rishikesh, Bangalore, Amritsar as this has raised a lot more views. Clients. The most difficult and challenging moment of your trip? The biggest and most unexpected challenge for me so far has been establishing this business in the midst of the pandemic and resulting restrictions. While always aiming to prioritize the health and work situation of everyone around me and this activity, including suppliers, has been a unique struggle, never experienced before. The key solution to this problem was to increase patience and keep moving forward with the belief that despite emerging struggles, the job will always be done and that this, like others, will ultimately not be his. Significant learning experience.  

How will you see your business after 510 years? Learning from the current unpredictable circumstances, I don't think there is a specific point where their growth and the scope of their work should be limited. However, at the same time, in the future, I aim to grow with a stronger and broader group of customers from all over the country, all of whom will motivate and challenge me to create something bigger, better and more beautiful! ! Transmit to the country? I have always believed that there is no end to learning from the people around you and in this new chapter I want to implement this motto in every way possible.

Regardless of how long or short a journey or chapter in your life is, everyone should do their best for each experience and push their limits to maximize their growth.

written by:


Comments